My Plan by MedicaSM
Available to large groups in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin.
My Plan is an innovative way to manage health benefits and control healthcare costs. And it helps your employees find and buy a personalized health plan that fits their unique needs. You and your employees have all the stability and security of a group plan, through a more individualized purchase decision.
My Plan does it all in a way that’s different. Your employees gain a vested interest in their own healthcare and you gain greater control over your company’s health care budget. It’s more personal, more flexible, and the plan selection process is simple and intuitive.
Here's how My Plan works
- You and your insurance broker determine the right amount to spend on health insurance.
- You make available a defined contribution of pre-tax dollars through a My Plan account for each employee, which is used to fund the employer portion of healthcare premiums.
- Medica provides information and tools to your employees and leads your open enrollment meetings to answer questions and educate employees about their new plan.
- Employees take our quick and easy My Plan survey – online or over the phone – to assess individual needs.
- My Plan analytics help employees choose a plan that best meets their needs around healthcare cost and coverage. They have the flexibility to choose from different plan designs, and if available, network options.
- Employees select their plan and pay for it through funds in their My Plan account. If the employee should choose a plan that exceeds the amount set aside by the employer, he or she can make up the difference through payroll deduction.
- If your employees need help selecting a plan – or have a question about their coverage – My Plan Advisors are available to help.
My Plan offers Medica Choice Passport, an open access network that lets your employees choose from more than 668,000 physicians and more than 5,100 hospitals nationwide. Through Medica Choice Passport, members have access to the large Medica Choice network when they receive care within our service area of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Those located outside our service area have access to a large national network through Medica Choice UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network.
Find a Physician or Facility: Medica Choice with UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus
Medica Choice Passport Service Area Map
Employees in the 11-county Twin Cities metro area have a choice of networks through My Plan. They can select the Medica Choice Passport network or an accountable care organization (ACO). With an ACO, Medica and the provider network work together to deliver a new level of service: seamless coverage and care information and support. The network is more localized, but the benefits are significant.Depending on the ACO, members may have a single source to handle all their healthcare needs, from appointments and treatment to benefits and claims. Premiums are lower, too. So employees can use the difference to upgrade coverage or fund an FSA.
Learn more about our ACO options:
Forms and Applications
Questions? Please contact your broker or Medica representative.
Return to main plan options page.